Tune into learn how to use your Move United #AdaptAtHome towel with the Move United Warfighter Ambassador and U.S. Para Athlete, Christy Gardner! She will teach you how to perform the tricep stretch using a towel.
To perform the exercise, please follow the steps below:
1. Choose to either perform the stretch standing or seated
2. Sit up straight or stand up tall with shoulders back
3. Hold the towel in one hand and raise it straight above your head
4. Bend your elbow and allow to dangle the towel behind your back; elbow should be facing out to the side
5. With the opposite hand, reach behind your back and grab the other end of the towel
6. Gently pull down with the bottom hand to feel the stretch in the arm
7. Relax both arms and bring them down to your sides
8. Switch the towel into the opposite hand and repeat the process
Hold for 15 seconds per arm
Hold for 30 seconds per arm
Hold for 45 seconds per arm
Please note: All participants should proceed with caution while performing physical activity and we encourage you to go at your own pace.
For more information about Move United, please visit www.moveunitedsport.org or visit our #AdaptAtHome Virtual Calendar for live and on-demand workouts at www.moveunitedsport.org/adaptathome!